Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Now he tells us

From President Bush's press conference today:
While we made some progress on changing the tone, I'm disappointed we haven't made more. I'm confident that we can work together. I'm confident that we can overcome the temptation to divide this country between red and blue.
I guess he's back to being a "uniter, not a divider", after 6 years of dividing.

Bush also pretty much admits lying when he said last week, before the elections, that Rumsfeld would stay on for the next two years. My take is that it was a conditional lie: if the elections had gone well for the Republicans, Rumsfeld might have stayed on. His answer was probably part of a Rove-ian strategy to project total confidence before the elections. Another thing: I'm not sure that "the only way to answer that question and to get you onto another question was to give you that answer."

And then there's this:
And I truly believe that Congresswoman Pelosi and Harry Reid care just about as much -- you know, they care about the security of this country like I do.

That was not the message he was sending during the campaign!

No comments: